Download SLOODLE and get the in-world tools
The SLOODLE software comes in two parts: the 'server-side' modules which you download and install in Moodle, and the 'in-world' tools which you obtain and use in Second Life or OpenSim. All of the SLOODLE software is available free of charge, licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3.
The current version of SLOODLE is version 2.1, which runs on Moodle versions 1.9 and 2.x. It is designed for Second Life and OpenSim.
Note: From SLOODLE 2 above, your Moodle server needs to be able to send HTTP messages to SL/OpenSim. For some hosts this requires adjusting firewall settings. See the network requirements for more details. The older SLOODLE 1.x does not have this limitation, but only runs on Moodle 1.9 or below.
Get the server-side Moodle components:
- SLOODLE 2.1 for Moodle 2.7 (zip) | (.tar) [Not yet tested, please report any problems]
- SLOODLE 2.1 for Moodle 2.6 (zip) | (.tar) [Not fully tested, please report any problems]
- SLOODLE 2.1 for Moodle 2.5 (zip) | (.tar)
- SLOODLE 2.1 for Moodle 2.4 (zip) | (.tar)
- SLOODLE 2.1 for Moodle 2.3 (zip) | (.tar)
- SLOODLE 2.1 for Moodle 2.2 (zip) | (.tar)
- SLOODLE 2.1 for Moodle 2.1 (zip) | (.tar)
- SLOODLE 2.1 for Moodle 2.0 (zip) | (.tar)
- SLOODLE 2.1 for Moodle 1.9 (zip) | (.tar) or SLOODLE 1.2 for Moodle 1.9 (zip) | (.tar)
The download archive consists of:
- An activity module, which installs to mod/sloodle.
- A menu block, which installs to blocks/sloodle_menu.
- An additional optional menu block, which installs to blocks/sloodle_backpack.
- An optional assignment type, which installs to mod/assignment/type/sloodleobject.
See the installation instructions for more detailed information about how to install the components in Moodle.
Get the in-world tools:
- Second Life: Get the rezzer from the Second Life marketplace.
OpenSim: Download the SLOODLE 2.1 rezzer IAR for OpenSim.
See the OpenSim documentation for instructions on how to load this into your grid.
OpenSim was not officially supported for the older version 1.2, but see our forums for third-party versions.