SLOODLE provides a range of tools for supporting learning and teaching to the immersive virtual world; tools which are fully integrated with a tried and tested web-based learning management system used by hundreds of thousands of educators and students worldwide.
- Connect to a chatroom with the Web Intercom. Students can participate in chats in Second Life using the accessible Moodle chatroom. Discussions can be archived securely in a Moodle database.
- Make presentations with the Presenter. Slides can be quickly uploaded to Moodle in a variety of formats, then viewed in-world as part of a live presentation or asynchronously in Moodle.
- Gather feedback with the Choice.
- Manage in-world assignments with the Assignment Drop-Box. Review grades quickly and easily in the standard Moodle gradebook.
- Distribute inventory with the Vendor.
- Link identities of Moodle users and avatars with the Reg-enrol booth.
- Take quizzes in-world with real-time feedback with the in-world Quiz Chair, integrated with the Moodle gradebook.
- Track points in in-world quizzes and games with the Scoreboard.
- Manage scenes of different objects with the Rezzer. 3D objects and activities can be easily arranged, saved and recreated.
- See the full list of tools for more.
All of the tools come with full copy, modify and transfer permissions and can be easily altered and customized.
If you get stuck then please visit our forums to ask a question.
Core developers Edmund Edgar and Paul Preibisch also provide a hosted version of SLOODLE, with additional tools, at Avatar Classroom.
Connect and stay informed
You can also follow us on Twitter.